We are all unique people and we all get inspired by different things. No one should be ashamed of what inspires them. I have found freedom in Psalm 139 verse 13.
Psalm 139 vs 13 - “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.”
God did not make me like someone else, so how I get my inspiration should be something I freely share and be comfortable with.
I have found that in different seasons of my life, I am inspired by different things. Sometimes, I am inspired by people or places or ideas.
In this season of my life, I am INSPIRED by you - yes you, my fellow sisters!
Yes, you better believe it - serving women in this community inspires me to continue pursuing my purpose that God has for me. I know that part of my purpose in this life is to empower women to find their own individual purpose in God.
I remember intentionally praying for my daughters. I prayed specific prayers, waiting to hear from the Holy Spirit for specific answers that I desired. However the Lord gave me this prophetic word through fellow pastors at a ladies retreat - "Lusanda , the Lord is saying, continue to serve his daughters and HE will send women to serve your daughters and that will impact and influence them for eternity".
This does not mean that I can’t encourage them and speak into their lives, but it means that part of my PURPOSE is to do what He has asked me to do and trust that He will do the rest.
And man, oh man - God has given me such a LOVE for women! I know without a shadow of a doubt that He has called and purposed each one of you. I see it and trust that you see it too.
I seriously get fuelled up, as I continue to do what I am created to do. I may not know the full picture yet. It might seem too big of a DREAM to action. My mortal self does not have the full capacity and maybe the know how, but I will keep putting myself out there because I know God wants me to continuously SHOW UP.
I just keep on doing the last thing I believe the Holy Spirit said I should do.
These are a few practical building blocks that the Lord has given me to keep being inspired:
1. Conviction: Jesus is the way, the truth and the life - John 14:6.
This is the foundation of my inspiration. I cant do it without a relationship with Him.
2. Calling: I am called to impact and influence in this world - Ephesians 2:10
I know I am called to walk a journey with women from different backgrounds and shamelessly
inspire them to pursue their individual calling in life.
3. Comparison: I should not compare myself to anyone - Psalms 139:14. I am uniquely created for my own individual purpose. My journey is different from the next person.
4. Collaboration: Two minds are better than one - Ecclesiastes 4:9. I can reach, impact and influence more people for Jesus by not competing with anyone. It is for Jesus and His Kingdom always.
5. Co-ordinate: To be intentional in reaching out to fellow sisters and to lock arms with them in pushing back the schemes of the devil - Psalm 133 vs 1. This at times might look like me opening doors for them and watching them flourish.
These building blocks have kept me going during the hard times, even when the easiest thing would be to give up. They have kept my heart in check.
You are my inspiration.
Lusanda Dhlamini is the Founder of Women Of Reverence.
Read the full bio here.